Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Diagonal Cluster Lace

How cute is this stitch?  I have 2 hanks of this yarn Done Roving, Frolicking Feet DK, Superwash Merion, each hank has 350 yds so  a total of 700yds and I need to knit a baby blanket with it (mom likes all the colors, Blue Ridge Bobbies).  Well I played with about 4 different stitches until I came across this particular stitch.  I think the color work perfect with it.  I am alternating hanks which is always suggested when using hand dyed yarns.
Okay the pattern:





Diagonal Cluster Lace
Multiple of 3 sts

Row 1:  (WS) Purl
Row 2:  K2 *yo, k3, pass first of the 3 knit sts over the 2nd and3rd sts; rep from *, end K1.
Row 3:  Purl.
Row4:  K1, *K3, pass first of the 3 knit sts over the 2nd and 3rd sts, yo; rep from * end K2.
Rep rows 1--4 .


















I crochet cast on 160, sts knitted a garter st border of 13 rows giving me 6 ridges then I am keeping 8 sts in garter then started the pattern (144 sts) I knit kind of loose so I am knitting with a size US5 needle. I like it to be a loose knit rather then tight or to gauge knit.  It makes for  a very bouncy soft feel. so far it measures about 30" wide and  it should be enough to make it at least 30" long.



By the way go http://nonnasyarnstudio.com/   to see all the other colors that are available.











No comments: