Tuesday, September 24, 2013

A Time for Baby

Had to take a break from knitting my cardi.  I only had less then a week to complete a baby gift (my fault not good at planning) so what to do?  Chunky yarn and big needles will get me there quick right.  Went through my stash of yarn and found 2 pink, 2 green, 1 purple, and one red Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Chunky, Perfect!!  Love the Cashmerinos.  Then made a gauge and look up patterns.  Found something similar to this on Ravelry or Lion Brand not sure which.  Anyway in 2 days I was done knitting the pieces!! 

****************
I did a k1p1 twisted rib for the border with the purple and sewed it up the fronts.  The eyelets give it a little interest instead of just plain stocking stitch. The yarn was just the right amount, very little left over.

************************



Very happy the stripes actually managed to match! 
Only have a day left, need to sew it and get rid of all the yarn tails, that is the pain when dealing with striping colors.  I did carry some of the yarn but when I do big chunks of color it really is impossible to carry up.  So I cut then deal with tails.





**************************
Ta...Da!!  
Button on blocked and ready for wrapping!! I didn't do button holes I added snaps instead, easier on mom I think.
Already delivered and it will be going to Sicily to my nieces baby who will be turning 1 in December!!

No comments: