Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year to all!!  May 2014  bring more knitting and crocheting time for you.  I always find  January to be perfect for new beginnings, new projects, great inspiration to try my hand on something totally different.  But at the same time always include all the fiber love that is in my studio!!

Not too long ago we were talking about weaving.  I  tried then put it away, I  have a knitters loom from  Ashford and it is really simple to use.  I have taught myself to  weave plain scarves and actually sold some.  I also have a 4 shaft Schacht table loom and it's not so simple to use and as you can see below I am trying again.  Karen inspired me to go back to it, the plan is Karen is purchasing a 28" Ridged Heddle Loom (similar to the knitters loom) and we  will be  making place mats.  Now I couldn't wait and tried it.


   
    You tube is a wonderful thing!  I'm not quite there yet obviously but I will persevere.

At the same time I had to complete a last minute Christmas gift so needless to say the gift was a little late but just the same the recipient was thrilled to receive it. Loved knitting this stitch its only a 2 row repeat and the wrong side is purl across so basically its one row to worry about.

Cast on a multiple of 10 plus 1 (I did 41 size 10 needle on a sport weight yarn)   
 
 
Row 1: RS, K1 *yo, k3, K3tog, K3, yo, K1*  repeat
Row 2: WS, Purl
That's it, just repeat those 2 rows till your desired length! I did 3 balls with a fringe about 6 in.
It's a loose knit, remember the looser the work the more drape it will have.

At the same time weaving in the day time, in the evening I'm knitting a cardigan with Lotus Mimi (the Mink) yarn, double strand and  a size 9 needle. This one will be interesting the pattern is developing as I go so we shall see how it will turn out!  Pictures will come soon.

New Yarn Alert! ! ! ! !  Euro Baby Cuddly Cotton its 100% cotton in multi colors no pictures yet in the process of taking them.  Keep a look out on the website!!


No comments: